Re: Naming of non-uploading DDs (Was: GR: welcome non-packaging contributors as Debian project members)

On Thu Sep 16 14:58, Charles Plessy wrote:
> > I don't think we should open a second way to get upload rights to the archive,
> > so I would *not* want to remove that part.
>
> So do you think that if “albeit without upload access to the Debian archive” is
> not present, the GR will prevent you from restricting upload access to the
> archive for the DDs who did not pass T&S?
>
> I am looking for a formulation that invites you to do what you want, without
> giving a preference for or against the restriction of upload rights.

OTOH, if we pass a GR that looks like "we'll give them upload rights" (because
it just says "they are DDs") and then they aren't given upload rights some
people might feel upset that they voted for it. Just because it's not required
doesn't mean it might not be a good idea to include it.

Matt