What exactly is this GR supposed to do?

My main problem with this text is that while it may fit to the current
realities, it makes no sense from a formalistic point of view, as large
parts of the text seem to imply there was no way for non-packagers yet
and there were no procedures for that.

* Stefano Zacchiroli <leader@debian.org> [100915 14:00]:
> The Debian project aims at producing the best free operating system.
> To that end the project benefits from various types of contributions,
> including but not limited to: package maintenance, translations,
> infrastructure and website maintenance, porting, bug triaging and
> fixing, management activities, communication, testing, legal advice,
> quality assurance, etc.
>
> The Debian project acknowledges that:
>
> * To pursue Debian goals, package maintenance as well as a wide range of
>   other technical and non-technical contributions are all valuable.
>
> * Active contributors of non-packaging work, which share Debian values
>   and are ready to uphold Debian Foundation Documents, deserve the
>   opportunity to become Debian Developers.

How about "deserve an easier opportunity to become Debian Developers
than they currently have"?

> The Debian project therefore invites the Debian Account Managers to:
>
> * Endorse the idea that contributors of non-packaging work might become
>   Debian Developers, albeit without upload access to the Debian archive.

How about

  * Endorse the idea of Debian Developers without upload access to the
    Debian archive, to reduce perceived barriers hindering
    non-packagers.

> * Establish procedures to evaluate and accept contributors of
>   non-packaging work as Debian Developers.

Trying to reword this I must say that I do not know what it is supposed
to say. Does it mean DAM should think again which parts of NM are not
needed when one does not want upload access?

> * Initiate the appropriate technical measures to enable contributors of
>   non-packaging work, which get accepted as Debian Developers, to
>   participate in Debian decision making and to access Debian
>   infrastructure.

Does this imply a DD without direct upload access also does not have
access to the infrastructure?

	Bernhard R. Link