Re: GR: welcome non-packaging contributors as Debian project members

Le Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 06:56:01PM +0200, Lucas Nussbaum a écrit :

> My own preference is [B] > [A] > [original GR proposal]. But I'd like to
> hear some other opinions before working on a draft amendment for either
> [A] or [B].

Hi Lucas and everybody,

after seeing the torrent of seconds, I am still puzzled if this GR is a
progress or a regression: is the take home message that Debian should be more
open, or that some members must not have upload rights ? When a member does not
have upload rights, is it for the principle of least needed priviledge, which
suggests that getting that prividedge may be granted automaticaly later with
the need, or because that member is not trusted to be able to upload
correctly ?

I would welcome clarifications in the GR text. Alternatively, I am willing to
second amendements like the ones you propose, or to help with the drafting if
you need.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy