Re: GR: welcome non-packaging contributors as Debian project members

Am Dienstag 14 September 2010, 10:53:46 schrieb Stefano Zacchiroli:
> [ Draft GR text below, look for "-----".  M-F-T set to -vote. ]
>
> Dear Debian project,
>   in recent events I've attended as DPL, the topic of welcoming
> non-packaging contributors as project members has been a recurring one.
> Since it was also part of my platform and since DPL terms don't last
> forever, I feel it's time to have a project-wide decision on the topic.

Thank you for this approach.
Working mainly for a much smaller debian-based distribution  for some years i
have learned how important it is to have people other than the
coders/developers/packagers do the work that is needed to be able to actualy
bring your product to the masses in the best possible way.
I am on standby for becoming a proud member of the family.

regards
Ferdinand Thommes

Fellow of FSFE
LinuxTag e.V.