Re: GR: welcome non-packaging contributors as Debian project members

Le Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 05:53:46PM +0900, Stefano Zacchiroli a écrit :

> Of all those topics, one topic *might* have consensus already: accepting
> as DDs contributors which have contributed a lot to Debian doing
> non-packaging work, which intend to continue doing so, and which are
> ready to uphold our Foundation Documents.

Hi Stefano,

I agree with the above, accepting as DDs contributors who do not maintain
packages, but your proposal is different: it establishes a new class of project
members, who differ by not having upload rights.

I suppose that the goal is to avoid disruptive NMUs and damage to our
infrastructure in case their GPG key is compromised. But do you think that this
is more likely to happen with developers who do not maintain packages, compared
with developers who do?

I wonder why not simply inviting the Debian Account Managers to accept the long
term contributors as DDs, even if they to not maintain packages? Would an
amendement be welcome?

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy