Re: Question for all candidates: Release process

Le Sat, Mar 27, 2010 at 04:13:11PM +0800, Paul Wise a écrit :

> Does popcon not already provide a way to order packages based on
> importance? rc-alert has both options for sorting bugs by both local &
> global popcon score.

Hi Paul,

Popcon is definitely a potent indicator, but has its flaws as well. After all,
the median popcon score of Debian's ports is quite low, and we give them a lot
of importance. I think that adding priorities in the equations can be useful,
but after reorganising them, because for the moment, a very large majority of
RC-buggy packages are of priority ‘optional’, which does not tell much.

Of course, I am not campagning on that detail (the priorities), but more on the
fact that we can try other release strategies, and I think that refactoring the
priorities would open more possibilities. That is the main motivation for me to
give this example.

> Should we change bts.turmzimmer.net to use that for ordering?

That is really up to the bts.turmzimmer.net users. When I use it, i just go in
alphabetic order and evaluate priority myself… Bapase could a nice addition,
for people like me who are more on the removal mood.

Charles