Re: Q for all candidates: license and copyright requirements

Dmitrijs Ledkovs wrote:
> I you would like to guarantee to the users that unpacked debian source
> is DFSG we should hook into unpack (similar to DpkgSrc3.0 / quilt) and
> remove DFSG blobs at maintainers discretion for example by parsing
> debian/copyright.
> [...]
> This change will result in maintainers spending less time by recuding
> effort required for packaging software with non-DFSG-pristine-tarball.
> Debian developer time is precious and very limited and IMHO should be
> used as efficiently as possible.

IMHO, writing a hook at unpack time to remove non-DFSG stuff and
repackaging require the same effort. I would even say the former is more
error-prone (in the sense that it can leave non-DFSG bits behind in some
unexpected situation) and therefore requires more time.

Stéphane