Re: Q for the Candidates: How many users?

* Russ Allbery (rra@debian.org) [100323 01:47]:
> AJ's question, and particularly his other longer response to the question
> about disappearing DPLs, really highlight what I think are some
> disagreements between he and I about how we see Debian.  I fundamentally
> do not believe in the "grow or die" model or think that projects need to
> constantly move on to the next shiny thing.

I need to disagree a bit: I believe in "grow or die", but grow
doesn't need to be in quantity. So, if we get better and better (and
our tools easier to work with, etc) we also grow but in quality. (And
if I compare squeeze with sarge I can see lots of differences where
looking back I always think "oh, this obviously was quite painful".)

(Of course, this supports everything else you said.)

Andi