Re: Q for all candidates: license and copyright requirements

Charles Plessy <plessy@debian.org> writes:

> The second option aims at clarifying what is the source of the Debian
> operating system. It is controversial. Despite it does not change our
> fundation documents, I think that a GR would be needed to make sure that
> there is a general agreement.

For whatever it's worth, I believe the second option changes the
foundation documents and would require a 3:1 majority.  The person who's
canonical on that is the Secretary, of course, but I wanted to note
publicly that even the above statement about the nature of the proposal is
controversial.