Re: Q for all candidates: license and copyright requirements

On Sat, Mar 20, 2010 at 07:45:30PM +0100, Bernd Zeimetz wrote:
> From the other candidates I'd like to know their opinion and plans (if there
> are any) about license/copyright requirements in Debian.

I have no specific plans.

My opinion on the subject is that while there may be good reasons for
the current (rather strict) policy, I don't believe there are real risks
involved with the older, laxer, policy that Debian used to carry in the
past. The current policy could be described as 'nitpicking'.

I don't feel strong enough about that to do something about it, however.
IANAL and everything -- I might well be completely wrong. I believe a
question about this has gone out to a lawyer, so that could well be a
perfectly good resolution to that question.

trying to fool the system.