Re: Questions for all candidates: decentralization of power

Le Sat, Mar 20, 2010 at 12:04:33PM -0700, Russ Allbery a écrit :

> I'm a little bit confused about why you would do this.  Could you explain
> more what the motivation would be?

Hi,

I think that a good ping email contains an invitation to think about one's
involvement in the future. People may forsee a reduction of the time they can
give to Debian, or they are increasingly interested in other activities within
Debian. Unless we think that nobody else than the current members are qualified
for the task, I think that it is useful to remind them that they are free to
pass the baton if they wish.

I will not propose to the chairman of the technical comittee to rotate a member
who has answered to the ping.

Have a nice Sunday,

--
Charles Plessy