Re: Question for DD candidates: The race against NOTA

Toni Mueller dijo [Wed, Mar 17, 2010 at 11:27:57AM +0100]:
> > What would be different if there was no leader? Where would the
> > project lose more? Would it gain in some aspect?
>
> I am not a candidate, but I can immediately see that the press would
> take the voice of "random DDs" as the voice of the Debian project in
> cases when it wants a statement. As we were not unanimous on many
> issues in the past, just imagine "what if" one of the people who are no
> longer around would have been able to make "official" statements on
> behalf of Debian. I bet that this could become quite interesting. ;}

Of course - But we do have a press team. If we were to lack a Leader,
the press team would just become the contact point for the press,
right?

(note that I am not against the DPL position, I am just entertaining
the idea)

--
Gunnar Wolf • gwolf@gwolf.org • (+52-55)5623-0154 / 1451-2244