Re: Question to all the candidates: communication

Le Sun, Mar 14, 2010 at 10:17:06AM +0700, Paul Wise a écrit :

> Which project and external Debian-related communications media do you
> follow? and contribute to? As well as a general list I'm interested in
> specific lists (for eg #debian, #debian-devel, debian-devel@l.d.o,
> debian-project@l.d.o, the Hardware forum on forums.d.n etc).

Hi Paul, Raphael and everybody,

For the general lists, I am subscribed to -devel, -project, -devel-announce,
-private, -vote and -policy. As part of my packaging activitites, I am also
subscribed to -med, -science, -blends and more recently -qa. I also lurk on
-powerpc, because I used Debian on a G5 for a couple of years, but I am not
really contributing anymore there. Et bien sûr, je suis aussi sur -french et
-devel-french.

On the web I read Planet Debian, but never visit forums. I do not go on IRC
either (too fast for me). I sometimes attend the Tôkyô area Debian study group,
but it has become quite rare because I often decide to stay at home to pet my
packages instead, or to join a monthly saké-tasting party that often hapens the
same Saturday…

If I am elected DPL, I will temporarly reduce my activities in the Debian Med
project. But I will take more opportunities to meet other DDs in Japan. I will
not significatly change my mailing list subscribtions. I will go on IRC if
something is planned there, but not on a regular basis. I will use the
-devel-announce, -devel, -project and -private mailing lists as main
communication channels, and refrain to make fresh announces elsewhere. I will
report about the spendings I approved every two months, perhaps on -private if
it discloses too much personnal informations, and send a general report
every other month on -devel-announce.

Lastly, although the atmoshphere improved, I would like our mailing lists even
more free from aggression. Things like invitations to stop whining, to change
project, and questions about one's mental health hurt, are inappropriate and
off-topic, and increase the noise. I will ask the listmasters to not hesitate
to ban people for a couple of days if they post a completely useless and
aggressive message.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy