Re: Question for all candidates: Care of Core infrastructure

On Wed, Mar 17, 2010 at 12:01:14PM +0100, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> Nobody can do a sponsored upload, except a DD. Nobody can do an NMU,
> except a DD. Nobody can maintain a buildd host, except a DD.

It was pointed out to me on IRC that yes, there are sponsored NMUs, and
that it therefore is 'strange' to mention those as separate points here.

While that is really orthogonal to the point I was trying to get across,
namely that there are several important jobs that only DDs can do, I
should perhaps clarify what I meant here: that an NMU is something that,
while it can be *prepared* by someone else, only a DD can do; and since
sponsors are supposed to check packages before they upload (especially
if the package is by someone they don't know), it usually means little
if any reduction in the work for the DD (who will do the non-maintainer
"upload"), anyway.

trying to fool the system.