Re: Question to all candidates: financing of development

On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 12:12:02AM +0100, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> I also don't think it is a bad thing, in principle, if Debian were to
> pay people to work on Debian. However, it is generally a bad idea if
> some cabal were to select who could get Debian monies and who couldn't;
> I believe that is the main problem that existed with the Dunk-Tank
> story.

The use of Debian money for Dunc Tank was only present in a first draft that
was discarded in the face of opposition within the project.  Does the final
funding solution that was implemented also fall under this "cabal"
description, in your opinion?  If so, how do you distinguish this from other
DDs who are privately funded to work on Debian?  If not, how do you
reconcile this with the ongoing community resistance to Dunc Tank even after
it was decoupled from Debian money?