Re: [Amendment] Reaffirm current requirements for GR sponsoring

Le Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 02:12:17AM +0100, Frans Pop a écrit :

> Fun! Maybe we should just dispense with the voting and just let the highest
> number of seconds win?

That sounds like a good idea. Since it is a supermajority vote, I recommend to
the proposer to drop the GR if he does not manage to get three times the numbers
of seconds compared to the status quo amendment, that I hereby second.

> PROPOSAL START
> General Resolutions are an important framework within the Debian
> Project. While over those years, some problems have arised during the
> discussion and/or voting of some resolutions, there is no evidence that
> changing the number of sponsors (seconds) for GR proposals or amendments
> will help solve those problems.  Instead, by making it harder to propose
> general resolutions or amendments, it might make it harder to improve
> imperfect resolutions, or to add valuable options to a ballot.
>
> Therefore the Debian project reaffirms the current requirements for the
> sponsoring (seconding) of GR proposals or amendments, and for overruling
> of delegates.
> PROPOSAL END

Have a nice day

--