Re: [Amendment] Reaffirm current requirements for GR sponsoring

On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 04:10:49PM -0700, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> PROPOSAL START
> General Resolutions are an important framework within the Debian
> Project. While over those years, some problems have arised during the
> discussion and/or voting of some resolutions, there is no evidence that
> changing the number of sponsors (seconds) for GR proposals or amendments
> will help solve those problems.  Instead, by making it harder to propose
> general resolutions or amendments, it might make it harder to improve
> imperfect resolutions, or to add valuable options to a ballot.
>
> Therefore the Debian project reaffirms the current requirements for the
> sponsoring (seconding) of GR proposals or amendments, and for overruling
> of delegates.
> PROPOSAL END

Seconded.

I realise there are already sufficient seconds to make this a valid
option on the ballot, but it seems reasonable to see what it actually
takes to get to the 15 or 30 or so seconds being proposed before voting.
(From the vote.d.o page I gather there's currently 8 seconds for the
proposal to require 2Q seconds, and 5 for Q seconds)

Cheers,
aj