Re: First call for votes for the Lenny release GR

* Wouter Verhelst (wouter@debian.org) [081230 14:23]:
> On Mon, Dec 29, 2008 at 08:52:55PM +0100, Andreas Barth wrote:
> > The problem isn't that the secretary has the first call - but IMHO there
> > should be an instance of appeal like the TC (though this isn't technical,
> > but we have a body there that could be used - as you proposed). In case
> > nobody disagrees too much with the decision by the secretary, we can go on
> > as well. (And perhaps requiring Q developers for an appeal.)
>
> Exactly, that's what I had in mind. Perhaps the TC could indeed be this
> body; [...]
>
> I'm not even saying that the secretary can't be part of such a body; the most
> important part, really, is that I think recent history has shown no
> single person should alone be responsible for interpreting a document as
> important as our constitution.

I still think we should have someone not the DPL (e.g. the secretary) for
the "first call" on intepretation of the constitution, and then have an
appeal instance which makes the final decision if necessary. This will keep
all the "trivial" cases of the appeal instance. (Which doesn't conflict
with anything you said.)

Cheers,
Andi