Re: Results for General Resolution: Lenny and resolving DFSG violations

Hi,

On Sun, 28.12.2008 at 21:08:04 +1000, Anthony Towns <aj@azure.humbug.org.au> wrote:
> If you consider the same results, without the supermajority requirements
> for options 2, 3, 4 and 6, you get:
>
>     Winner: Option 2: Allow Lenny to release with proprietary firmware

considering all the problems around this particular GR, what's the best
way to just "undo" this GR and go back to square one instead?

Methinks that this ballot was conducted in quite a wrong way, and that
this outcome is simply ridiculous. Andi and Anthony have expressed this
in softer words already, if I read their messages correctly.

The two problems at hand are, from my perspective:

 1 What do we want to do about the release of Lenny?

 2 How do we want to treat the lingering problem of having blobs?
   (Because many people seem to feel that making a release-exception
   year after year is not the right thing to do. I generally agree with
   this.)

Imho, Adeato's suggestion to split the vote was the right thing to do,
so I'd say roll back this GR, and conduct two independent GRs with
different questions instead, which I consider a better option than
going with the current outcome where even Manoj admitted that he has
conducted the GR the wrong way (I'd like to grab the opportunity to
express the pain I felt when I saw him stepping down).

Kind regards,
--Toni++