Re: New section for firmware.

On Wed, Dec 24, 2008 at 3:15 PM, Steve Langasek <vorlon@debian.org> wrote:

> Having two sets of images doesn't make sense to me; the CD team have already
> posted publically this cycle about the infrastructure challenges involved
> with publishing those images that they already have to accomodate, doubling
> the image count doesn't sound feasible, IMHO.

In addition, it should be fairly easy to add firmware D-I images;

hd-media: mount & cp
ISOs: xorriso (command-line) or isomaster (GUI), or just mount and genisoimage.
netboot: cp
win32-loader: cp & notepad

So perhaps some extra info about remastering installation media in the
d-i manual would be good for those like DSA who cannot just add the
non-free firmware to removable media like a USB stick or floppy.

--
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise