Re: Second call for votes for the Lenny release GR

This one time, at band camp, Frans Pop said:
> On Tuesday 23 December 2008, Bdale Garbee wrote:
> > But note that even if the super-majority issue causes some choices to
> > have a low priority of winning, we the project at large can still learn
> > very interesting things by studying the Condorcet intermediate results.
>
> Agreed in general, but...
> The issue is not only "winning". The issue is also "not being ranked
> because they get dropped before ranking because of failing to reach
> majority". This will skew the official final result further than would be
> the case in the absence of the super-majority requirements.

That's not the end of the world.  Even if we continue to use the same
algorithm we have now, we still have the raw data.  If a super majority
option was both dropped from the rankings because it didn't make super
majority and the most popular, that will be both significant and
noticeable.