Re: First call for votes for the Lenny release GR

On Fri, Dec 19 2008, Steve Langasek wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 19, 2008 at 09:50:42PM +0000, Matthew Johnson wrote:
>> Then the 3:1 requirement is nonsense and the SC and DFSG effectively
>> optional. I don't believe that was the intention when they were drafted.
>
> They were drafted before the constitution was and their binding power does
> *not* flow *from* the constitution.

        Sorry, no. I do not find that logically follows. Before we
 accepted the constitution, the allocation of powers was all ad-hoc.  We
 even had project leaders and "delegates" before the constitution too.

        When the constitution was adopted, the ad-hoc power structure
 was swept away, and the new power structure detailed in the
 constitution came into effect. Saying that we had DPL's and ftp-masters
 before so theya re above the constitution does not hold. Heck, we had
 developers before, so those of us who were inducted in before we had a
 constitution are somehow not bound by it, unless we voted in favour? I
 do not see the logic here.

        manoj
--
If God had wanted us to be concerned for the plight of the toads, he
would have made them cute and furry.  -- Dave Barry