Re: gr_lenny vs gr_socialcontract

On Fri, Dec 19, 2008 at 05:28:20PM +0100, Josselin Mouette wrote:

> In short, the ongoing GR isn’t about this disagreement, for which a
> suitable compromise already exists; it is about imposing more
> restrictions on the stable release than on the unstable suite.

I do not know about anyone else, but personally, as someone who doesn't
believe we should be releasing non-free stuff, I also don't think that
developers should be uploading it to unstable.

"We need some time to solve the problems that are in main" the first
time round I can live with, but uploading new instances of the same
problems to main, and then continuing to allow ourselves to ignore them,
doesn't sound like the path to a Free operating system to me.

Thanks
Ian