Re: gr_lenny vs gr_socialcontract

On Fri, Dec 19, 2008 at 01:50:40AM -0600, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>         I suspect it would not be hard to create a non-free installer CD
>  that obviates the requirement of a separate USB key for remote
>  installs.

So isn't this exactly why we have a voting system? Everyone understands
both points of view here, don't they? We just need to choose which one
Debian's going to adopt, because we haven't implemented a way of having
our cake and eating it too on this score.

>         I tend to come down hard on the side of not compromising my
>  principles for temporary convenience or popularity (or, if you will,
>  market share).
>
>         To paraphrase: Those who give up essential freedoms for
>  temporary convenience and popularity deserve neither.

And, uh, isn't that a bit needlessly argumentative? Marc's not trying to
get anyone to give up essential freedoms, or give them up himself.

Cheers,
aj