Re: Bundled votes and the secretary

On Wed, 17 Dec 2008, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>         So it boils down to this: are the issue orthogonal, or are they
>  just different solutions to the same issue?  I have presented my
>  argument for why I think they are the same; can you explain why those
>  arguments do not hold, and these are not just different solutions to
>  the same issue?

You consider that all options are only answers to "how do we release
Lenny?" but that's absurd because the resolutions concern several
different problems/questions that all have a role in the release
process:
- do we allow the release team to use lenny-ignore tags on the firmware
  issue given the previous GR on the topic ?
- do we allow sourceless firmware that otherwise comply with the DFSG ?
- do we want yet another exception for non-free firmwares for lenny ?

If you boil down each option to an answer of "can we release lenny", we do
not respond to the above questions but we just choose a single excuse to give
to people. But all the developers that have to make the release happen have no
idea how they have to act because the separate open questions have not
been answered in a satisfactory way.

Raphaël Hertzog