Re: First call for votes for the Lenny release GR

On Wed, Dec 17 2008, David Weinehall wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 01:54:40PM -0600, Manoj Srivastava wrote:

>> > Where did Steve shorten the discussion period?  He did so for the *other*
>> > vote, but I haven't seen a thread where he did for this one.  (I may have
>> > just missed it.)
>>
>>         I mis remembered.  Steve shortened the discussion period for
>>  this vote, and the discussion and voting period for the _other_ vote,
>>  but I missed that the vote period for the gr_lenny vote was not
>>  shortened. I'll send out a new CFV.
>
> OK, does this mean that everyone who already cast their vote will need
> to do so again, or will the voting period simply be extended another
> week?

        I was just thinking of postposing the end-of-vote cron job, so
 no re-voting would be needed.

        If there is sufficient support, we could also scrap the current
 vote, change our ballot, add options to it, or something, and restart
 the vote, but that would  need a strong grass roots support (I do not
 think the secretary has the power to do so).

        manoj
--
today, n.: A nice place to visit, but you can't stay here for long.