Re: First call for votes for the Lenny release GR

On Sun, Dec 14 2008, Russ Allbery wrote:

> Russ Allbery <rra@debian.org> writes:
>
>> * Bundling the vote against the open opposition of a fairly significant
>>   number of people, including some of the people whose amendments were
>>   grouped together, is within his power but comes across poorly.  There
>>   wasn't much attempt to compromise or discuss this, and I came away from
>>   that with a bad taste in my mouth.
>
> Or perhaps *not* within his power given that one of the proposals was not
> offered as an amendment.  Which makes it come across even more poorly.

        We have not been making people do formal amendments at all
 (replace all the words of the amendment foo with these words). I also
 think that placing all related proposals on a single ballot is
 relevant, it prevents an easy exploit of the voting system by simply
 setting up a series of votes that can be gamed, and setting up all
 kinds of related proposals to be set up on different ballots.

        Frankly, I think that kind of gaming of the voting system that
 is being proposed now, and I am  not comfortable letting that happen.

        manoj
--
If you stop to think about it, you're already dead.