Re: First call for votes for the Lenny release GR

On Sun, Dec 14 2008, Russ Allbery wrote:

>   Option 4 looks equivalent to FD if you look at the decision-making
>   process in the constitution, but the ballot doesn't reflect that.  I
>   think some additional clarity around that would have been very helpful.

        Not really. I think that the power to decide to violate the DFSG
 is not given to _anyone_ in the constitution. Option 4 explicitly adds
 this power.

        So, currently, the RT can not violate the DFSG (and I think they
 have been stating all along that they are not, in their opinion,
 violating the DFSG); with option 4 they can. This I think is the
 distinction between option 4 and FD.

        Why were these clarifying questions not asked of the proposers
 in the discussion period?

        manoj
--
When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life. Samuel Johnson