Re: First call for votes for the Lenny release GR

Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 14 2008, Pierre Habouzit wrote:
>
>> On Sun, Dec 14, 2008 at 03:02:17AM +0000, Debian Project Secretary wrote:

>> And FWIW I still believe this vote is an horrible mix-up of really
>> different things, is completely confusing, and I've no clue how to vote.
>> I would be surprised other people don't think the same.
>>
>> E.g. How can I decide 2 _and_ 4 ? Does the rule change ? Does any
>> resolution that wins overs Further Discussion will be validated ?
>> Because unless I'm mistaken, 2 doesn't imply 4, so if 2 wins, 4 is
>> invalidated.
>
>         No one seems to have seen it desirable to put a 2 & 4 option on
>  the ballotl; despite the months we took to discuss this. The web page
>  with the options was also up for several weeks, and a draft ballot went
>  up earlier.

It's you who decided to put all the proposals on the same ballot. I
don't think it's fair to request from people who disagree with that to
invest time in proposing more options. It's you who decided to make it a
mess, you could as an experienced vote taker have suggested quite some
different things which could have made it cleaner instead IMHO.

>         Seems liek there was plenty of time to change things, and add
>  some of the power set options on to the ballot.  If I had added options
>  willy-nilly, you would have screamed again of abuse of power.

Sure, though you could have followed the procedure or hinted people in
an even saner direction IMHO.

Cheers

Luk