Re: First call for votes for the Lenny release GR

On Tue, Dec 16, 2008 at 04:52:55PM +0100, Romain Beauxis wrote:
>Le Tuesday 16 December 2008 16:50:52 Adeodato Simó, vous avez écrit :
>> > Where did Steve shorten the discussion period?  He did so for the *other*
>> > vote, but I haven't seen a thread where he did for this one.  (I may have
>> > just missed it.)
>>
>> http://lists.debian.org/debian-vote/2008/11/msg00046.html, no?
>
>I don't read "shorten" in this link, only "start".

>From that mail:

>> So, we now have a discussion period of two weeks, though I would
>> prefer to actually start the vote Sunday 00:00:00 UTC (on November
>> 23th, or, if the DPL desires to shorten the discussion period, november
>> 16th).
>
>We've had more than enough discussion about this - please start ASAP.

I would hope that's clear enough from the context quoted: shorten the
discussion == start ASAP.

I did *not* explicitly ask for the voting period to be shortened.

  Getting a SCSI chain working is perfectly simple if you remember that there
  must be exactly three terminations: one on one end of the cable, one on the
  far end, and the goat, terminated over the SCSI chain with a silver-handled
  knife whilst burning *black* candles. --- Anthony DeBoer