Re: Results for Project membership procedures

On 16/12/08 at 06:55 +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 01:22:06PM +0000, devotee@vote.debian.org wrote:
> > The winners are:
> >   Option 2 "Invite the DAM to further discuss until vote or consensus,
> >             leading to a new proposal."
>
> which, aiui was the original resolution, namely:
> [...]

Thank you for the detailed analysis.

You missed one point:
Excluding votes where more than one
option were ranked first, and counting only first choices, we get the
following results:
Option 1: 93
Option 2: 90
Option 3: 61
Option 4: 12
"Invalid" votes (more than one first choice): 20

So, using plurality voting, we would have had a different result than
the one we had with condorcet. This is actually quite rare: it
happened with the debian-private declassification vote in 2005 (option 1
was the plurality winner), and in the 2003 DPL election (Branden
Robinson was the plurality winner).