The Unofficial (and Very Simple) Lenny GR: call for votes

(Bcc: -project)

They say forking in a Free Software project should only be done as a
last resort, but that it is important that such option is always
available. It's very sad we've come to this point with this vote...

If you feel disenchanted about how the Lenny GR has been handled and, in
particular, with the resulting ballot and its 7 options, I invite you to
participate in this unofficial vote and, optionally, to show your
discontent by ranking "Further Discussion" above all other options in
the official vote (see below about this). If you've voted already, you
can recast your vote as usual.

This is an unofficial vote, but at least it will be easy to vote in. If
FD wins in the official one, and depending on the participation on both,
it may also give us a good approximation about what the developers think
with respect to releasing Lenny.

Ballot
======

Please vote by writing numbers between 1 and 2 in the boxes below, etc.,
and send your PGP-signed ballot to <adeodato-gr_lenny_unof@debian.org>
(M-F-T and Reply-To set).

- - -=-=-=-=-=- Don't Delete Anything Between These Lines =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
f2276370-dfd7-45db-92d5-2da0c179c569
[   ] Choice 1: Delay Lenny until known firmware issues are resolved
[   ] Choice 2: Acknowledge the lenny-ignore tags as set by the release team
- - -=-=-=-=-=- Don't Delete Anything Between These Lines =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Received ballot count and other statistics will show up at:

    http://master.debian.org/~adeodato/gr_lenny_unof/

Votes are processed and acknowledgements sent 2 minutes past each our.

Vote key
========

The temporary key used for this vote is 0x93544AEA (attached). You can
encrypt your vote using this key, and replies will be sent signed with
it (and encrypted to yourself).

Voting period
=============

Voting in this unofficial setup will close at the same time as in the
official "gr_lenny" vote. At the moment, that's 2008-12-21 23:59 UTC,
but there are signs that this could be a mistake and the date should be
2008-12-28 instead. If the official date changes, so will the unofficial
one.

Text for Choice 1
=================

    The Debian Project unofficially decides that we should not release
    Lenny until all the bugs reported against linux-2.6 regarding
    firmware blobs without source that were reported before 2008-11-01
    are resolved and the fix available in Lenny.

Text for Choice 2
=================

    The Debian Project unofficially states their agreement with the use
    of the "lenny-ignore" tag that the release team has applied to bugs
    in the linux-2.6 package.

On ranking FD first in the official vote

Participating in this vote should not imply that you are in disagreement
with the official ballot: maybe you are not, but understand that other
people are, and decide to participate in the unofficial vote nevertheless.

Because of this, I recommend that you rank FD as your first choice in
the official vote if you want to say, "This ballot is not right." Here
are some foreseeably frequent asked question about this procedure:

Q: If I rank FD over option #5, won't option #1 be more likely to win?