Re: First call for votes for the Lenny release GR

[Loïc Minier]
> [ MFU debian-vote@ ]
>
> On Sat, Dec 13, 2008, Debian Project Secretary wrote:
>> [   ] Choice 1: Reaffirm the Social Contract
>
>  I'm fine with reaffirming the social contract.

This choice is actually about delaying Lenny, and not so much about
reaffirming the social contract.  The proposal contain this piece at
the end which is the operative part of the proposal:

  ... we will delay the release of Lenny until such point that the
  work to free the operating system is complete (to the best of our
  knowledge as of 1 November 2008).

>    b) why have a "reaffirm the social contract" option when we have
>       "further discussion"?  We all agreed to honor the social contract
>       anyway.

Perhaps the section above explain it?

Happy hacking,
--