Re: First call for votes for the Lenny release GR

----- "Ean Schuessler" <ean@brainfood.com> wrote:

> I know that some are fixated on the fact that firmware runs on "some
> other CPU" but I don't buy that line of reasoning. If this firmware
> business passes then I am going to start hunting down some MAME ROMs
> that have lapsed into the public domain. Those ROMs, after all, are
> firmware for video game machines and they run on a simulated CPU...
> not the "host".

I've already found some public domain MAME ROMs! You developers in the former GDR may remember some of these games. Apparently they ran on a soviet clone of the Zilog Z80.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PolyPlay

There is also a Bally Midway game that has been released into the public domain.

http://www.klov.com/game_detail.php?letter=R&game_id=9368

As soon as firmware is considered source, I can ITP these awesome games!

--
Ean Schuessler, CTO Brainfood.com
ean@brainfood.com - http://www.brainfood.com - 214-720-0700 x 315