Re: Bundled votes and the secretary

----- "Josselin Mouette" <joss@debian.org> wrote:

> For the GFDL GR, this was even worse: the Secretary decided that “GFDL
> is free” required 3:1 while “GFDL without invariant sections is free”
> did not. The only reason is that he couldn’t stand the latter proposal
> and decided to make it impossible to pass. Note that I was strongly
> against that proposal – but even while agreeing with Manoj on the topic,
> I cannot approve such a manipulation of the vote.

[snip]

> No, he’s outrageously abusing his position.

For gosh sakes man! Try to be polite! Any child can see that GFDL invariants violate the DFSG because they cannot be modified. Saying that someone is "outrageously abusing their position" is a powerfully insulting statement. You had better make sure that the problem isn't your inability to grasp the details of the discussion.

I certainly do not envy Manoj's position. The task of turning this firmware hoo-haw into a reasonable vote seems difficult at the very best.

Thank you, Manoj, for your work.

--
Ean Schuessler, CTO Brainfood.com
ean@brainfood.com - http://www.brainfood.com - 214-720-0700 x 315