Re: First call for votes for the Lenny release GR

* Russ Allbery (rra@debian.org) [081214 20:42]:
> Pierre Habouzit <madcoder@debian.org> writes:
>
> > This vote is nonsensical, and I'm hereby calling people to rank FD first
> > or to boycott it. This is a practical joke.
>
> Please vote FD instead of boycotting it unless you actually want every jot
> and tittle of Debian to have source and have all DFSG issues resolved
> before we release lenny.  That's what the original proposal is attempting
> to accomplish, and since the secretary's rulings support their position,
> it only needs a simple majority.  All options that lead to a release of
> lenny without resolving all issues first (other than FD) require a 3:1
> majority.
>
> FD will be a mess, but as I've previously posted, I believe that means
> that we fail to override a delegate decision and hence the release of
> lenny proceeds.

Though I agree with that, voting for option 4 is even more explicit (and nobody
can disagree what *that* one means), so voting for option 4 as preferred option,
and further discussion below (and option 1 as least desirable) is a more
certain way to achive that.

Cheers,
Andi