Re: On the firmwares/Lenny vote

Pierre Habouzit <madcoder@debian.org> wrote:

> And that's especially why this vote is horribly broken, we can't vote
> for _many_ options at the same time, eventually only one is chosen,
> unless all the options you want to see win have been ranked equally on
> every single ballot out there.

I hope Pierre made it clear to everyone here that our voting system
only works for reasonable ballots where each option is an alternative
to the other options.

For anything else, like this ballot, our voting system is totally
inadapted and can only lead to complete failure.

> Our secretary is failing his job. Critically.

And, yes, the secretary can twist the ballot to make it even worse,
not even talking about the majority requirements.

JB.

--
 Julien BLACHE - Debian & GNU/Linux Developer - <jblache@debian.org>

 Public key available on <http://www.jblache.org> - KeyID: F5D6 5169