Re: Final call for votes: GR: Project membership procedures

On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 11:59:37PM +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:
>Le Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 02:52:01PM +0000, Steve McIntyre a écrit :
>> >
>> >Hi all,
>> >
>> >I have nothing against a voting period lasting the standard two weeks.
>>
>> That's all very well, but I'm afraid it has little relevance.
>
>No sarcasms please:

There was no sarcasm there. The DPL was asked about shortening the
voting period, and I said yes. As specified in the constitution.

>you were asked in private to shorten the discussion period, where
>nothing happened for two weeks, and you did nothing. We all have our
>share of errors during this conflict on the membership rules.

I was hoping that we would be able to resolve things here without
wasting effort on a formal vote, so I did not ask the secretary to
bring the vote forward.

As we've now been forced to vote, I would like us to get it over and
done with as quickly as possible so we can move on to more important
things.

< sladen> I actually stayed in a hotel and arrived to find a post-it
          note stuck to the mini-bar saying "Paul: This fridge and
          fittings are the correct way around and do not need altering"