Re: Bundled votes and the secretary

Le jeudi 11 décembre 2008 à 15:38 +0200, Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho a
écrit :
> More strongly, I believe Manoj has repeatedly shown the sort of moral courage
> and sound judgment that the Secretary's job requires, and I believe it would be
> a grave loss if he were to step down.  It would be a shame if he were to be
> replaced by someone who counts avoiding conflict as a major part of the job.

What is asked from the Secretary is not to avoid conflict.
It is not even to not participate in the conflict – there’s not reason
why he couldn’t have his own opinion.

What this position requires is the minimal level of morality to not use
it to favor an opinion or another. And this is something Manoj has been
repeatedly doing; first in the GFDL GR, next in the etch firmwares GR,
now in the lenny one.

I do not trust anymore the Secretary, and I do not trust sufficiently
the result of this vote. If the otherwise winning option is dismissed by
the lack of a 3:1 majority (for which the requirements are still “Manoj
said so”), or if a winning option is dismissed by a completely unrelated
other option that was not proposed as an amendment, it won’t be possible
to consider the vote result as the decision of the project as a whole.

--
 .''`.