Re: [vote_002] Preparation of the ballot.

Dear all,

Based on the changes suggested by Lucas, I hereby call for a vote on the GR and
all its amendments as per the paragraphs A.2.1.1, .2 and .3 of the annex of our
Constitution, with the following wording for the choices:

[   ] Choice 1: Invite the DAM and all the contributors to further discuss their ideas.
[   ] Choice 2: Ask the DAMs to postpone the changes until vote or consensus.
[   ] Choice 3: Ask the DAMs to implement the changes.
[   ] Choice 4: Further discussion.

I suggest that the ballot contains the following text (pasted from
http://www.debian.org/vote/2008/vote_002):

Choice 1.

The Debian Project recognizes that many contributors to the project are not
working withing established frameworks of Debian and thus are not provided by
the project with as much help as might be possible, useful or required, nor
opportunities to join the project.

We thank Joerg Jaspert for exploring ideas on how to involve contributors more
closely with and within the project so that they can get both recognition and
the necessary tools to do their work.

We realize that the proposal posted to the debian-devel-announce mailinglist is
not yet finalized and may not have the support of a large part of our
community. We invite the DAM and all the contributors to further develop their
ideas in close coordination with other members of the project, and to present a
new and improved proposal on the project's mailinglists in the future.

Significant changes should only be implemented after consensus within the
project at large has been reached, or when decided by a general resolution.

Choice 2.

The Debian Project, by way of a general resolution of its developers, asks the
Debian Account Managers to postpone the implementation of the changes described
on the debian-devel-announce mailing list (Message-id:
<878wsgmi1j.fsf@vorlon.ganneff.de>) about "Developer Status", until there is
consensus on a proposal, or a vote to define the proposal that should be
implemented.

Choice 3.

The Debian Project, by way of a general resolution of its developers, asks the
Debian Account Managers to start the implementation of the changes described on
the debian-devel-announce mailing list (Message-id:
<878wsgmi1j.fsf@vorlon.ganneff.de>) about "Developer Status".

If there is anything I can do to help to prepare the ballot, please let me know.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy
Tsurumi, Kanagawa, Japan