Re: Resolving the controversy

On Sun, Nov 23 2008, Josselin Mouette wrote:

> Le samedi 22 novembre 2008 à 19:49 -0600, Manoj Srivastava a écrit :
>>         Could you take this tone away from -vote, please?
>
> Manoj, please don’t take this personally,

        Then do stop attacking the man, as this email does right now,
 recognize that argumentum ad hominem is a logical fallacy, and desis
 from personalizing things, if you do not want people to take things
 personally. Getting uncivil and confrontational does not improve the
 mailing list, and is not beneficial to the project.

> but I don’t think you are qualified to tell what is an appropriate
> tone for a discussion.

        While I might think this is pot calling kettle black; that is
 immaterial. Unless your argument is that I am wrong and the
 silent majority is in favour of mud slinging and personal
 attacks on the mailing list, you are definitely in the wrong when
 promoting confrontation and personal attacks as acceptable on the
 mailing list.

        We can, of course, involve the mailing list managers, but I had
 hoped that we could return to civil discourse without the heavy stick
 of the managers reproof.

        manoj
--
Thufir's a Harkonnen now.