Re: call for seconds: on firmware
On Sun, Nov 16 2008, Stephen Gran wrote:
> Or the vote that I suspect would be a reasonably common one if the vote
> allowed it:
> "I don't want firmware in main, but I want the Release Team to have the
> freedom to allow it for Lenny".
As far as the lenny release is concerned, how is this different
from letting the RM's decide option? Either the GR decides, or the RM's
decide, perhaps basing on how far above the furhter discussion the "no
firmware in main" option is?
Seems like either the GR says something definitive about
firmware in main, or it delegates the decision to the RMs. Which the
"We don't have to protect the environment -- the Second Coming is at
hand." James Watt
Manoj Srivastava <firstname.lastname@example.org> <http://www.debian.org/~srivasta/>
1024D/BF24424C print 4966 F272 D093 B493 410B 924B 21BA DABB BF24 424C