Re: call for seconds: on firmware

> ,----[ Proposal 4: Allow release managers leeway to include non-dfsg bits as needed ]
> |  Debian's priorities are our users and free software. We don't trade
> |  them against each other. However during getting an release out of the
> |  door, decisions need to be done how to get a rock stable release of the
> |  high quality Debian is known for, release more or less on time, and to
> |  minimize the usage of problematic software. We acknowledge that there
> |  is more than just one minefield our core developers and the release
> |  team are working at.

> |  We as Developers at large continue to trust our release team to follow
> |  all these goals, and therefor encourage them to continue making
> |  case-by-case-decisions as they consider fit, and if necessary
> |  authorize these decisions.

> |  (Since this option overrides the SC, I believe it would require 3:1
> |  majority)

Also, this one should not be voted together with the rest, since it's
an orthogonal issue. This not /exclusively/ a solution for the problem
for Lenny.

We can ask the proposer of this option what he thinks, if you don't
agree it should be split out.

Adeodato Simó                                     dato at net.com.org.es
Debian Developer                                  adeodato at debian.org

                  Listening to: Dar Williams - You Rise And Meet The Day