Re: Call for seconds: DFSG violations in Lenny

On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 05:47:59PM +0100, Johannes Wiedersich wrote:
> With binary blobs inside or outside of debian, my computer will run just
> the same. It's just that outside main it won't be supported by debian --
> at least not officially. It will be harder to install, as well.

I think I said this before, but I don't mind repeating it ad nauseam ;-)

There's no reason a modified version of Debian that includes non-free blobs
needs to be harder to install or harder to find.

Take, for example, the NSLU builds which include non-free firmware.  They
are in fact better maintained for NSLU hardware than official builds, since
almost nobody uses pure Debian on a NSLU (network requires a USB dongle).

Whether it's harder to install or not, it depends on you.  We don't have a
foundation document saying it must be.

--
Robert Millan