Re: Draft ballot for Proceedural Vote: Suspension of the changes of the Project's membership procedures.

On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 12:58:19AM +0200, Kalle Kivimaa wrote:
> Kurt Roeckx <kurt@roeckx.be> writes:
> > I think option 3 means the same as option 1.  The decision stands and we
> > can later overrule it by a full GR if we want.  Or does option 1 mean that
> > we'll also have this 2 week discussion period followed by a full GR?
>
> It's the reverse. The sponsorship of 2K people automatically put the
> DAM decision on hold, and the vote needs to override that automation.
> Thus the FD choice is the same as the "decision stays on hold".

This vote is 4.2.2.4:
         4. If the decision is put on hold, an immediate vote is held to
            determine whether the decision will stand until the full vote
            on the decision is made or whether the implementation of the
            original decision will be delayed until then. There is no
            quorum for this immediate procedural vote.

I had to read this a few times.  But now my understanding is that
the decision is on hold until the procedural vote, and that it will
be followed by a GR.  The procedural vote just says if the decision
stands or is put on hold between the procedural vote and the GR.

Kurt