Re: Call for seconds: Suspension of the changes of the Project's membership procedures.

On 24/10/08 at 23:49 +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:

Seconded.

I'd like to add that I'm not opposed to changes in our membership
policy. But those changes could fundamentally change our project, and I
believe that it's important that there's a lot of discussion about it,
so we make sure that we take the right decision. We probably need
change, but we don't need any change. We shouldn't accept the first
proposal just because it changes things.

I'm also not confortable at all with a process where a single individual
posts his decision, we are allowed to suggest changes to amend it, and
then the same individual implements his decision. And this is not about
being personal. I deeply respect Joerg, usually support his choices, and
acknowledge that he did more grunt work for Debian than most of us.

I also hope that we will never vote on this GR, because Joerg will
publicly acknowledge that he probably was a bit too fast and he will
stop all work on this topic until either:
(A) consensus is reached ;
(B) or a vote decides how we want to change our procedures.
But until Joerg does, we need this GR, unfortunately.

Thank you,