Re: Final call for votes for the debian project leader election 2008

Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> On Sun, 13 Apr 2008 22:58:34 +0200, Luk Claes <luk@debian.org> said:
>
>> You can express your opinions on this list without any problem, though
>> your opinion should not be expressed in an official reminder to vote
>
>         Why not? I hold these opinions about the processes I am
>  following as a secretary while wearing my hat as a secretary. I have
>  held opinions about the state of the vote for almost every vote held,
>  and every non-initial CFV has had a paragraph detailing the state of
>  the vote, and what I felt about it.
>
>         Just because I am wearing an official hat does not mean I can't
>  have or express _any_ opinion.
>
>> as that can be interpreted as influencing the vote.
>
>         This I consider silly.  Thinking that the shorter voting period
>  might have influenced participation somehow skews the vote for the DPL?
>  Dow sending the CFV 24 minutes after the hour also skew the votes? Or
>  sending the CFV when the influence of mars is rising in the house of
>  Jupiter somehow tell people who to vote for?

No, mentioning your opinion about the length of the vote in the call for
votes can influence how people vote...

>> In some institutes you would be fired as Secretary for doing that...
>
>         Thank the Lord I do not belong to any such institute. On the
>  other hand, if you feel like firing me, feel free to proceed.

I didn't think it was worth mentioning, though you acting as if it's a
normal thing to do provoked me to make you aware of it...

Cheers

Luk