Re: "DM-Upload-Allowed: yes" hack (Was: Debian Maintainers GR Proposal, updated)

On Thu, Jun 28, 2007 at 06:32:34AM -0700, Steve Langasek wrote:
> Well, effectively the DM /could/ sponsor uploads of their own package by
> using -m, though that seems unnecessarily convoluted to me anyway.

At that point the difference between "sponsoring an upload" and "applying
a patch someone submitted" doesn't really seem terribly different... and
we certainly want to allow uploaders to apply patches people submit!

The main point is to draw the line at "taking responsibility for your
upload", rather than "can't accept help from other people".

Cheers,
aj