Re: Debian Maintainers GR Proposal, updated

On 27.06.2007 13:41 schrieb Anthony Towns:

> 1) A new keyring will be created, called the "Debian maintainers keyring".
>    It will be initially maintained by:
>
> 	* Anthony Towns (proposer, ftpmaster, jetring developer)
> 	* Joey Hess (jetring developer)
> 	* Brian Nelson (n-m frontdesk)
> 	* Christoph Berg (n-m frontdesk, jetring developer)
> 	* James Troup (DAM, ftpmaster, keyring-maint)
> 	* Joerg Jaspert (DAM)
> 	* Marc Brockschmidt (n-m frontdesk)
> 	* Michael Beattie (keyring-maint)
> 	* Ryan Murray (ftpmaster)

(This is just my opinion, please don't treat this as an insult, you're
all doing a great job!)

I'm sorry but some of those people are representing the bottlenecks in
certain queues we have. Don't you think this is absurd to add even more
workload to people who seem to be already overworked with the stuff
they're currently assigned to?

>    All additions to the keyring will be publicly announced to the
>    debian-project list.

I wonder how long it'll take until we develop a "DM queue", which will
be as painfully slow as our NM queue and when we'll create a third class
 of contributors as a workaround.

Why don't we just grant some of those rights you're proposing for DMs to
our NM's after a certain point in their NM career? That would in my
opinion instantly help and motivate fare more people than the new DM
class will ever do.

> Seconds, comments or amendments appreciated.

I don't second this proposal, although I know it doesn't count.

Cheers,

Bastian

--
Bastian Venthur                                      http://venthur.de
Debian Developer                                 venthur at debian org