Re: Debian Maintainers GR Proposal

On Mon, Jun 25, 2007 at 10:51:09AM +0200, Sam Hocevar wrote:
> > 	* the Jetring developers (Joey Hess, Anthony Towns, Christoph Berg)
>    What is the rationale for giving this set of people commit rights?

The full list was:

        * the Debian Account Managers (Joerg Jaspert, James Troup)
        * the New-maintainer Front Desk (Christoph Berg, Marc Brockschmidt,
          Brian Nelson)
        * the FTP masters (James Troup, Ryan Murray, Anthony Towns)
        * the Debian Keyring maintenaners (James Troup, Michael Beattie)
        * the Jetring developers (Joey Hess, Anthony Towns, Christoph Berg)

I was figuring:

	DAMs and keyring-maint - because creating/removing DMs is,
		in a sense, a subset of the powers they already have

	ftpmaster and jetring - because if DMs have any technical issues
		(in compromising the archive or poorly managed keyring) that
		need to be urgently resolved, the technical people should have
		immediate access

	front desk - because they're experienced at a very similar
		role, are already more or less trusted by the project
		in this sort of role, and their exsiting duties may mesh
		well with this one

I'd expect the membership would evolve over time to something more
independent from those roles as we figured out who actually made use of
the commit access, and who was most involved in maintaining DM stuff,
but I don't see any good way to predict that in advance, so the above
seemed a good initial guess.

Cheers,
aj